Thursday, January 22, 2009

Spring Breakdown (1/16/09)

After waiting in line and barely getting a ticket, I was lucky enough to find myself seeing the world premiere of Spring Breakdown, a film starring Parker Posey, Rachel Dratch, and Amy Poehler. The three women, who were less than popular in high school, find themselves at Spring Break, surrounded by college students wearing only bikinis. Special guest appearance by Kristin Cavallari from Laguna Beach haha!

This movie was extremely commercial, and not one I'd thought I'd find at Sundance. I believe it has already been picked up by a studio, so everyone can expect to see it in theatres! This movie was the first premiere I'd seen, so it was very exciting knowing I was one of the first people ever to view this film. It was your typical SNL film, with cameos by everyone from Will Arnett to Jane Lynch, a completely underrated actress. I was also lucky enough to sit about 2 rows behind Amy Poehler and Rachel Dratch, so I got to hear them laugh throughout the entire film (That's Amy in the gray beanie!)



I found the film to be hilarious and thoroughly enjoyed it. Amy Poehler and Rachel Dratch are comic genius', and the only thing missing from the film was Tina Fey. These comedians always come up with new ways to make audiences laugh, and I always wonder how they do it. Hilarious jokes that I could never have thought up, and extreme one-liners that make you wonder, "Did she really just say that??" In one scene, Poehler discovers that there is a talent show near the end of the week and asks her newfound "sorority girl" friends what their talents are.

"I can't read!"
"I don't have a gag reflex!"

SNL films will always make audiences laugh, and that's exactly what this film does. I am still curious how it made its way to Sundance, with a full cast of recognizable names. I'm not complaining; it was great!

Dratch and Poehler, talking to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment