Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sundance

I've decided to keep a blog of this trip for a variety of reasons, but most notably that at the end I have to turn in responses to all the films I've seen, and this way I can recommend all these great films to my great friends!

Sundance is literally one of the best experiences of my life. I can't believe I've only been here since Wednesday, and that I still have a week to go. Each time I step into a theatre and the film begins to play, I am taken to a completely different place than I've ever been before. I have a feeling that seeing movies back home will be quite the downgrade.

So far, I've seen five films. These include three Sundance and two Slamdance. I haven't been disapointed yet! I'll have seperate blogs for each film, so if you're curious please read them! I have found that these films are so far ahead of anything I've ever seen before, and yet am relieved that they do not flood the mainstrem.

I'm sure a lot of you are wondering about celebrity sitings, and let me tell you there's been a lot! The very first night we were here, we were invited to a filmmakers party by the Slamdance festival. I was able to meet and hangout with my favorite television actor, Charlie Day of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. He was extremely nice and very easy going, and it seemed like I was talking with just a normal person! No that celebrities aren't normal... :) I was also able to meet most of the cast, Kaitlin Olson who plays Sweet Dee, and Rob McElhenney who plays Mac. I knew that if this was happening all in the first night, there would only be more to come!






Some other actors spotted (and met) by myself and classmates have been Mariah Carey, Christie Brinkley, Lucas from HSM, Ashton Kutcher, Michael Cera, John Krasinski (who's producers of his film live in the room next door!), Pierce Brosnan, Susan Sarandon, Amy Poehler, Rachel Dratch, Jane Lynch, John Cleese and many more! While this trip isn't all about celebrities, it definitely is a huge perk I enjoy!

Me and my class are living in extremely nice condos in Park Station, and are about 5 minutes from Main Street/Park Avenue. It's literally perfect location to go and see films, and to enjoy the nightlife. Our condos are very nice, complete with flat screen TVs, two bathrooms, and a beautiful kitchen! I have four roommates and am very lucky to have been put with the best people on the trip! :)






I hope to continue updating on any day to day happenings, but mostly my reviews on the great films I've been seeing! I recommend this trip to EVERYONE. As I said before, I'm having one of the best times of my life here, and really don't want it to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment